Monday, January 14, 2013

Weekly Commitment 1: eating mindfully

In The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People the first habit is to be proactive. One thing that the author Stephen Covey encourages as a way to become more proactive is to make small commitments and keep them.

Starting today I will make small weekly commitments every Monday. Hopefully some new and healthy habits will come out of this, but my focus is only on one week at a time.



My first weekly commitment is to eat mindfully, i.e.:
  • turn of distractions such as computer, tv, radio, etc. while eating
  • put down the cutlery between mouthfuls
  • always eat of a plate, i.e. nothing goes straight from the fridge/cupboard to my mouth
  • concentrate on the taste and texture of the food
  • focus on my body, my feelings, and my reaction to the food


Bon Appétit!

No comments:

Post a Comment